CPD TWILIGHT SESSION FOR LEAP FEDERATION STAFF
GAYHURST / KINGSMEAD / MANDEVILLE Schools
Inspired by Yr 5&6 pupils art exhibition #TAG – ‘GUILDS OF BENIN’
based on history topic: ‘Kingdom of Benin’
- The Art Hoppers method of creative learning through art techniques applied to the curriculum.
- How an artwork which draws inspiration directly from source material related to a topic, gains purpose and meaning.
- How we arrive at the children’s artistic outcomes and why presentation is so important to.
- A hands-on, creative activity which could be applied to any curriculum topic.
- Exciting resources which explore visual vocabulary and design.
- A surprising result with a final reveal to take away – A plaster cast tile from a clay mould.
‘Guilds of Benin’ is the tenth exhibition of students artwork in #TAG – The Art Gallery at Gayhurst School.
Art Hoppers wanted to celebrate this 10th show by offering training for staff from across the LEAP Federation inspired by the children’s creative outcomes. The event was hosted at Gayhurst. Staff had the opportunity to see the exhibition prior to or following the CPD session.
#TAG is a stand-alone gallery space in the grounds of the school specifically for the exhibition of students art, now in its fourth academic year.
CPD was delivered by Ah! Team including Claire Ward-Thornton and Tanya Harris with support from Sadie Edginton & Annie Fox. The event was documented with photography by Pau Ros.